Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) Applications

As Certified Acceptance Agents, we are licensed by IRS to help taxpayers not eligible for social security numbers obtain Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).

You, your spouse or any of your dependents who cannot have a Social Security number must apply for an ITIN in order to be included on a tax return.

Additionally, if you have dependents living in Mexico or Canada and you send them more than 50 percent of the money they need to live, you can apply for an ITIN for each of them and claim them on your tax return. This may help you get a bigger tax refund or may decrease the amount you owe in taxes.

Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
Form of identification

Some banks, credit unions and financial institutions accept ITINs to open savings and/or checking accounts that pay interest. You may also be able to apply for car and home loans with an ITIN. The IRS does not share information about ITIN taxpayers with the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services or Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

Form of identification required for ITIN application:

  • Original passport, OR
  • Two of the following unexpired documents (including at least one photo identification and an identification from your country of origin):
    • National Identity Card (with photo, name, current address, date of birth and expiration date)
    • Birth certificate
    • Driver’s license from the U.S.
    • Driver’s license from your country of origin
    • State identification card
    • Voter registration card from your country of origin
    • Military identification from the U.S
    • Military identification from your country of origin
    • Visa
    • ID card with USCIS photo
    • Medical records (only for dependents 14 years old and under)
    • School records (only for dependents and/or students 18 years old and under)

Looking for a professional help or consultation?