Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) Applications – La Rusa Tax

Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) Applications

As Certified Acceptance Agents, we are licensed by IRS to help taxpayers not eligible for social security numbers obtain Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).

You, your spouse, or any of your dependents who cannot have a Social Security number must apply for an ITIN in order to be included on a tax return.

Additionally, if you have dependents living in Mexico or Canada and you send them more than 50 percent of the money they need to live, you can apply for an ITIN for each of them and claim them on your tax return. This may help you get a bigger tax refund or may decrease the amount you owe in taxes.

// Form of identification

Some banks, credit unions, and financial institutions accept ITINs to open savings and/or checking accounts that pay interest. You may also be able to apply for car and home loans with an ITIN. The IRS does not share information about ITIN taxpayers with the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services or Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

Form of identification required for ITIN application:

Looking for professional help or a consultation?